In this video, John shares the four steps to setting up a desktop crypto wallet.
Step 1 – Download and install Coinomi using one of the following links.
Windows – https://storage.coinomi.com/binaries/desktop/coinomi-wallet-1.3.0-win64.exe
Mac – https://storage.coinomi.com/binaries/desktop/coinomi-wallet-1.2.4-macos.dmg
Linux – https://storage.coinomi.com/binaries/desktop/coinomi-wallet-1.3.0-linux64.tar.gz
Step 2 – Create a new wallet and write down your recovery phrase on a piece of paper, not on your phone or computer.
– Make sure you write legibly and store the phrase in a safe place, preferably a fireproof safe.
Step 3 – Create an encryption password and write down on a piece of paper along with your recovery phrase.
– Do not use the same password you use for your email or anything else.
– Try to make the password around 8 to 10 characters, although this is not necessary.
– Try to make the password memorable for you but impossible for someone else to gues
– Include lowercase, uppercase, numbers, and special characters.
Step 4 – Add the coins you wish to have in your wallet.
ATTENTION MAC USERS – If you cannot open download file on Mac because it says its not from a trusted source. Try the following…
How to open an unidentified application on Mac – https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/
If that doesn’t work try this – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
Wanna learn the basics of cryptocurrency including how to safely buy, securely hold, and easily transfer your crypto?
Learn more here – http://beginnerscryptoworkshop.com