How To Make A Telegram Account and Start Using The Popular Group Chatting App
The new cross-platform chat app Telegram has seen a huge surge in popularity recently, especially with all the comments and concerns over data collecting and sharing on its Facebook-owned competitor WhatsApp. Although Telegram isn’t completely secure, many users trust it over similar chatting apps.
Anyone can easily create a Telegram account for free- all you need is an Android or IOS device with a working phone number to get started. Once you create an account, you will also be able to log in to Telegram’s web and desktop apps.
Now you can easily send and receive messages from your browser, desktop, laptop, or tablet. Unlike other chatting apps, Telegram doesn’t need you to provide any additional information when logging in to those apps- but you should still have your phone nearby.
Before I walk you through the steps of creating your own Telegram account, here’s something you should know beforehand.
- To make a Telegram account, you need a working phone number and the mobile app downloaded on your iPhone or Android device.
- You can’t make a Telegram account through the desktop app, but you can sign into the app using your mobile account.
- When you sign up for Telegram, you’ll have to give the app your phone number to send you a text message.
Now make sure you have your phone in hand and are near your desktop, laptop, etc… I will show you how to make a Telegram account on your mobile device and show you how to log into the Telegram desktop or browser-based web app.
Creating Your Telegram Account On The Mobile App
- Download the Telegram app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Launch the Telegram app and tap “Start Messaging.”
- Enter your phone number, including the country code. On an iPhone, tap “Next,” and on an Android, tap the blue arrow to continue.
- Telegram will send you a text message to verify the phone number belongs to you. Check your messages, then copy and enter the code into the app and tap “Next” or the blue arrow.
- Note: If you don’t enter the code within three minutes, Telegram will call you with the code instead.
- Fill out your first name, last name, and add a profile picture if you’d like. You don’t have to enter your real name or give a real picture of yourself. Tap “Next” or the blue arrow when you’re done.
After you sign up, Telegram will ask for permission to access your contacts and call log and make and receive calls using your phone. You can give or restrict these permissions however you like.
How To Log Into The Telegram Desktop or Web App
- Open the browser of your choice and go to desktop.telegram.org to download the desktop app for your operating system on Mac or PC.
- Launch the Telegram desktop app, then select “Start Messaging.”
- A QR code will become visible on the screen. To activate it, open the Telegram app on your phone and go to “Settings,” then tap “Devices.”
- Tap “Scan QR Code” and hold the camera up to the QR code in the desktop app.
- After scanning the code, you’ll be logged into your account. You can now begin chatting in Telegram on the desktop app.
If you’d rather not use the app, you can also go to web.telegram.org for an entirely browser-based experience. To log in here, enter the phone number connected to your account, then enter the code that’s sent to your phone. You’ll be immediately logged into your Telegram account.
Follow and join the groups and channels:
Live Free w/ John Bush – https://t.me/livefreenowfeed
The Greater Reset Activation – https://t.me/thegreaterreset
Freedom Cell Network Global Group – https://t.me/+S-774hqFPqeqnnt9
Find local Freedom Cell Groups on the Freedom Cells Directory – https://t.me/FreedomCellDirectory